The Acta Geographica Debrecina Landscape & Environment (L&E) publishes both research and application oriented papers in the area of landscape evaluation; landscape metrics; land use changes; investigation of environmental elements; climatology; meteorology; human impacts, tourism and environment, GIS. The journal is a diamond open access journal, publishing and downloading articles are both free of charge. All of our articles and Issues are available in the following repositories: University of Debrecen Electronic Archive
The Journal publishes the received and reviewed articles on its website, thus enabling members to have immediate access to the papers. Reactions to articles previously published in L&E should be sent to the Editor.
- Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study.
- Authors may be asked to provide the raw data in connection with a paper for editorial review, and should be prepared to provide public access to such data.
- An author should not in general publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. The Pulitzer does not view the following uses of a work as prior publication: publication in the form of an abstract; publication as an academic thesis; publication as an electronic preprint. Note: some society-owned titles and journals that operate half-blind review have different policies on prior publication. Information on prior publication is included within each Elsevier journal’s guide for authors.
- All submissions must include disclosure of all relationships that could be viewed as presenting a potential conflict of interest.
- When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author's obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
This journal operates a half-blind review process. All contributions will be initially assessed by the editor for suitability for the journal. Papers deemed suitable are then typically sent to a minimum of two independent expert reviewers to assess the scientific quality of the paper. The Editor is responsible for the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection of articles. The Editor's decision is final.
Authors must ensure that the submitted manuscript is their original work (data including graphs, figures, tables, and illustrations), which has not been published previously. Authors must ensure also that the submitted manuscript has not been considered for publication elsewhere. Authors are aware that if the content detailed above has been published elsewhere, our Journal cannot accept it. Authors of the Journal are requested to sign the Authorʹs declaration document. The filled and signed form should be uploaded with the submitted article on the website of the Journal.
To avoid plagiarism, after the submission, the manuscripts will be checked by an international plagiarism search software programme. If the similarity index is too high the manuscript will be immediately rejected. After the acceptance usually 3 months passes until the Journal publishes the scientific material.