How To Cite
The effect of NPK-fertilization on the dynamics of nutrient uptake of maize (Zea mays L., cv. Clarica) was examined on chernozem soil under irrigated and non-irrigated conditions in a field experiment.
The following results were made:
• the element concentrations in the plant decreased over time,
• there is no difference between the dynamics of nutrients on irrigated and non-irrigated sites because rainfall was satisfactory for plants in vegetation period,
• the N doses not only significantly increase the nitrogen content in maize, but also have a noticable effect on Ca and Mg concentrations,
• because of the acidifying effect of N-fertilizers, increasing the amount of N-fertilizer increased the Mn, Zn, Cu content of the plants,
• the P doses have a significant effect on the maize P and N content and the Zn concentration of the plant via P-Zn antagonism in the soil,
• as the high K doses treatments alter the ion ratios in the soil, the Ca, Mg content of the plant decreased.