Call for paper
Our journal’s aim is to provide an international forum for researchers where the 21st century’s cultural and social questions can be discussed with the hope of shedding light and understanding their wider historical-geographical-social-cultural background and presenting one or two answers to these increasing challenges. The topics of cultural, linguistic and religious co-existence among communities, assimilation, acculturation and the integration processes have never gained such an importance as nowadays.
Taking the principal aims into consideration, Ethnographica et Folkloristica Carpathica will focus on one special topic in every issue: since we are commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Treaty of Trianon (1st World War), we invite researchers to submit articles answering the topic of culture and war.
Submissions should address and answer any of the following questions and/or themes:
- Changes in life-style and mentality after the war
- Social development, statism, new forms and material remains of community life
- Memory policy, memorial locations, myths and material remains of the war
- The individual memories, narratives, and material world of war
- Personal and collective (family/communal) mourning/grief and related objects
- The shaping of folk education, its material expression and documents
The manuscript can be written in English or German.
The deadline of the submission is the 1st of April, 2020.
When you prepare your manuscript for submission use the instructions of the author guideline. Please take the time to read and follow them as close as possible, as doing so will ensure your paper matches the journal’s requirements.